El Dorado Springs, MO - Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER) & Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Float
Ivory Medical is seeking Missouri licensed Registered Nurses (RNs) with Med/Surg experience available to support a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital in El Dorado, MO beginning as soon as possible.
We are seeking providers available for night shift coverage for 12-hour shifts scheduled :7:00pm - 7:00m) to enhance our delivery team in the ER & Med/Surg units. In order to continue to provide the best care possible, we are in need of additional Registered Nurses with recent/current Med/Surg experience for a 13-week travel nursing opening.
We treat thousands of emergency patients every year in our 6-bed ED with the expertise and technology to care for a wide range of emergent medical conditions. From life threatening situations to minor symptoms that need immediate attention, we are here for our community, 24 hours a day.
Our physicians are specially trained in emergency medicine and board certified. Our experienced emergency department nurses apply their knowledge and expertise to care for our community during their time of medical need. The Emergency department utilizes a cutting edge CT scanner, state of the art Ultrasound, onsite laboratory, and the resources of our other hospital departments to provide expert medical care.
Eligible candidates will need to provide current proof or declination of COVID vaccination. If you are available to help us continue to provide exceptional care, please don't hesitate and apply with an updated resume and our recruitment team will get everything in place!
- Contract Type: Travel Nursing (Emergency & Med/Surg Float)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Schedule: Flexible 3 12-hour shifts per week
- Shift Availability: Nights (7:00pm - 7:00am)
- Rate : 55/hr. + expenses paid (mileage/flight, lodging, malpractice)
Med/Surg RN Responsibilities:
Med/Surg Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Med/Surge Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Educates patients on surgical procedures
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining post-treatment home care needs
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions with an in-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical nursing.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Active Missouri Nursing License
- Graduate of Accredited Registered Nursing Program
- Certifications: BLS, PALS, ACLS
- 2+ Years of Recent Medical/Surgical or Emergency Department Experience
Think you might be a fit? We'd love for you to join the team!