Week Day Evenings: +$1.50
Week Day Nights: + $1.75
Week END Days: + $2.00
Week END Evenings: + $2.25
Week END Nights: + $2.50
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside our Registered Nurse (RN), you’ll play a vital part in providing the highest level of care to inmates/detainees while putting a special focus on maintaining our safe and secure workplace.
- Develop nursing care plans with guidance from the RN.
- Perform complete physical assessment and medical history.
- Provide nursing care within your capacity and refer other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Make sure prescribed medications are administered as instructed.
- Periodically evaluate patients' symptoms, reactions, and progress, and report problems to management.
- Securely administer medication, taking precautions against drug hoarding and trafficking.
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
- Document all detainee/inmate contacts and keep medical records confidential.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Excellent diagnostic skills, patience, and natural empathy are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patients’ re-entry to society.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 40 lbs.; walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs.; work with machinery and climb.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER