Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon is seeking a full time and part time registered nurse for the Home Health Department!
A Home Health RN is expect to practice within the scope of RN duties defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, applies the nursing process to the care of patients. Teaches patients and significant others. Documents patient care in the medical record. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to effectively coordinate overall care of the patient.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assesses patients, as appropriate to the scope of care the nurse will provide. Assessments may include: physical, psychosocial, learning needs and barriers, needs related to age/culture, discharge planning.
• Establishes nursing diagnoses based on results of assessments and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Plans care according to identified diagnoses and needs. Updates plan of care as appropriate.
• Implements/performs individualized care, based on nursing care plan and the nurse’s role with the patient. This care may include but not be limited to:
• Assisting with activities of daily living, including fall risk management and safe patient handling.
• Medication administration
• Skin assessment/wound care
• Pain management
•Operation/manipulation of biomedical and other patient care and testing equipment, including but not limited to infusion pumps, patient transfer equipment, cardiopulmonary monitors, invasive catheters and drains, thermoregulation devices, measurement devices, medication dispensing cabinets, external therapeutic devices.
• Assisting the physician and other licensed, independent practitioners with invasive and non-invasive procedures.
• Teaching patients and their families about current illness, medical tests, medication, general healthcare, illness and disease prevention, and wellness promotion.
• Providing appropriate assignment, supervision, and direction to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to ensure optimum patient care.
• Providing interdisciplinary coordination and facilitation of overall care.
• Documents patient assessments, interventions, care, and teaching in the electronic medical record. Documents in paper format, as necessary. Documentation is complete, concise, timely, and legible.
• Evaluates care provided, communicates patient status and results of care to the interdisciplinary team.
• Other duties as assigned
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal records check at hire and every three years from the date of the last criminal records check in accordance with ORS443.004
- BSN preferred
- American Nurses’ Association certification in Home Health, Gerontology or Case Management preferred