MANAGER NURSING SURGERY-FT-8A-5
Performs the primary function of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating nursing care provided to patients. The Manager- RN shall oversee and guide nursing employees that are under their supervision. Responsible for interacting with hospital staff and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts by identifying and assisting in the resolutions. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills. As a salaried employee, may on occasion work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and/or on an on-call status. This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
1. 2 years previous RN experience in same or similar unit(s) covered by position required or 1 year previous
RN experience in same or similar unit(s) within an STHS facility.
2. 1-3 year’s previous supervisory experience preferred.
3. Willingness to be cross-trained to other unit areas.
4. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct
through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training
and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license. BSN preferred.
2. Must possess an Associate Degree, Baccalaureate Degree or Diploma from a School of Nursing or University.
3. Effective July 1, 2018: Must have a bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or Bachelor’s in related field) on hire or current Managers will be enrolled in a BSN program with degree completion no later than July 1, 2020; internal promotions will enroll into BSN program within 6 months of transition to Manager’s role.
4. Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program (for any and all certifications applicable through the AHA program)
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
ACTIVE TX RN LIC. OR COMPACT STATE