PAY RATE: 90K
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Whilst supervising our nursing and clerical staff, you’ll play a vital part in providing the highest level of Nursing care to inmates/detainees. You’ll also put a special focus on maintaining our safe and secure workplace.
- Maintain relationships with correctional staff, nurses, contract providers and agencies.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, ensuring there is cover and monitoring overtime.
- Assisting management in recruiting, onboarding, supervising, and evaluating performance.
- Monitor staff compliance to all facility policies.
- Perform audits of medical records, narcotic counts, referrals, and sick calls.
- Maintains adequate medical supplies to meet the needs of the detainees.
- Ensures that all detainees working as medical orderlies are sufficiently trained in sanitary practices.
- Monitors care of serious medical conditions with the potential for life threatening or liability issues.
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
People management skills, vigilance and natural empathy are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patient’s re-entry to society.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience and competence in performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care preferred.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER