Reno, NV Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR) Travel Nursing Opening
Ivory Medical is leading the charge seeking out experienced Operating Room Registered Nurses to join a state-of-the-art surgical team in Reno, NV as soon as possible.
Our team is currently expanding our number of daily procedures! We're in need of a turnkey RN with OR experience for 3 (three) 12-hour shifts per week. Day shifts are currently available with an opportunity to extend contracting beyond 13-weeks. If you are looking for a change, we have an open Operating Room available for you!! Come join a supportive team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth!!
If you are available to help us continue to provide exceptional care to the patients of Northern Nevada, please don't hesitate to apply with an updated resume and our recruitment team will get everything in place!
- Contract Type: Travel Nursing
- Setting: Operating Room
- Assignment Duration(s): 13 week assignments
- Start Date: ASAP
- Schedule: 36-hours/week - flexible scheduling
- Shift: Day Shift (6:45am - 7:15pm)
Operating Room RN Responsibilities:
The Operating Room Nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient in the operating room. As a member of the surgical team the RN works with the Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, ORT’s and other personnel to provide patient care in the Operating Room according to State Nurse Practice Act, AORN and regulatory standards, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Hospital and the Surgical Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Stocking operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
- Collaborating with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Updating patient files and medical records.
- Assisting with the ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Providing patients with post-surgery care instructions and answering questions.
- Current Nevada RN License
- Current Registered Nursing Certification
- 3-5 years of experience as a nurse providing perioperative care.
- Exceptional knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment, as well as sterile techniques.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and patient management systems, such as eHospital and PatientTrak.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and implementing perioperative nursing care plans.
- Ability to collaborate with surgical teams and healthcare specialists.
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS
- Full immunizations