Cape Fox and Eagle Health LLC is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to support the NIH Occupational Medical Service (OMS) providing confidential medical services to employees for a variety of work-related medical and counseling services. OMS works under the Department of Health and Safety within NIH and collaborates with safety professionals and NIH researchers.
Essential Duties Include:
Clinical Responsibilities (70%)
- Independently performs initial evaluation and triaging medical emergencies;
- Assists in the clinical care provided for medical emergencies to include wound care, medication administration, phlebotomy, EKG’s and BGM;
- Assist in implementing health promotion activities within the NIH community;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team to perform initial assessment, treatment, and counseling of occupational injuries and illness and mental health crises. When necessary make appropriate referrals to internal and external providers related to injury or illness;
- Provide proper documentation and education to employees about workers compensation and work restrictions following an accident or illness;
- Independently conducts pre-placement medical evaluations to include vital signs, hearing/vision testing and EKG’s;
- Enroll and educate employees in appropriate medical surveillance programs (animal exposure program, tuberculosis, and biological surety program);
- Strong working knowledge of how to provide patient education and treatment to employees who may be exposed to blood borne pathogens;
- Provide work related immunizations, including international travel immunizations and counseling to NIH employees;
- Complies with universal precautions, infection control and waste management guidelines;
- Manage triage telephone calls and walk-in patients in a professional and with quick assessment skills.
Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
- Review and revise all sections of the OMS procedure manual annually;
- Participate in quality improvement activities;
- Participate in nurse training and staff meetings.
- Work with OMS Physicians and Mid-Level Providers on new OMS initiatives.
This LPN job opening last updated on 05/01/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on LPNJobSite.com.
Bachelor of Nursing Science (BSN) or 2 year registered nurse degree if have 5 years of experience as a nurse
Minimum three years, post nursing licensure. Prefer occupational health background or emergency room experience.
Licensed as an RN in the state of North Carolina
Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
============================================= --> Cape Fox FCG Careers | Washington, DC, team-oriented, mission, small business, diversityCape Fox Corporation strives to provide a unique, flexible, family-oriented culture. We value hardworking, motivated employees who bring their talent and expertise to the table. In return, we are committed to providing opportunities for professional development and career growth.Careers at Cape FoxWe support our Alaska Native shareholders, in the Tlingit village of Saxman, Alaska.Cape Fox is also proud of what we do to support our armed forces, government, and health care providers.We also strive to help our local communities through non-profit and charity work.Ultimately, "if we are not helping others, then our community is not healthy." -Thomas Harris,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company